What did God make first?
Why did God make the stars, sun, and moon?
- THE EARTH
- In Genesis 1:6 God made the expanse [firmament] in which he placed the Earth.
- In Genesis 1:11-12 God made grass, herb yielding seed, and fruit trees yielding fruit to support the life that he would later place on the Earth.
- Isn't it amazing to know that before God made the stars or the moon or the sun, He made the Earth?
[After the earth was made] Genesis 1:14-16 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament [expanse] of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament [expanse] of heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. [AFTER HE MADE THE EARTH!!!]
Psalm 19:1-2 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
- God made the stars, the moon, the sun - the outlying universe - after He made the earth. In fact, He made them for the earth. WOW! This truth would revolutionize the science of astronomy if the astronomers believed it. The earth is the reason for the universe!
If the earth is the reason for the universe, what is the reason for the earth?
- The knowledge that is shown at night is the witness of the stars, the truths that are written in the stars. God revealed Himself and His plan of redemption for man in the stars before He ever revealed Himself in written form. God designed the stars for the earth - for man!
Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them.
- The earth, according to Genesis, is the reason for the universe. All the stars that move through their mighty orbits of exactness within the limits of space were made to bless man upon the earth. Man is the reason for the earth just as the earth is the reason for the universe. God prepared the earth and the universe for mankind. After all was prepared God created man:
If the earth is the reason for the universe and man is the reason for the earth, what is the reason for man?
- God created man in His image. We know from John 4:24 that God is Spirit. When God created man, He made man entirely complete. God made man with body, with soul (moving breathing life) and with what He is - spirit. Man had spirit in the beginning.
Ephesians 1:3-5,9,11 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children [sonship] by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
- To fellowship with GOD!!!
- Science has no accurate nor adequate reason for creation. God does ... namely you! All creation is a revelation of a great Father and His plan for man's beautiful home. The heart of our great Father, God, did all this because He longs for fellowship with sons and daughters. He longs for worship in spirit (speaking in tongues) and in truth. When God laid the foundations of the earth and the universe, He planned it all to be the home for His children. It was to be man's universe where he could learn to recognize and to bless and to thank his Father - God.
Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
These wonderful truths regarding our Father's plan for sons and heirs are repeated in two of the other uses of the Greek word huiothesia - sonship:
- "the good pleasure of his [God's] will" - that we were predestined to be His sons! Predestination always comes after God's foreknowledge. He knew we would believe, so He made it available. He set up the earth. He sent Jesus Christ. He made sure you heard His Word [Romans 10:9] and He created holy spirit in you making you His child.
The words "adoption of children" are the Greek word huiothesia from huios meaning "son" and tithemi meaning "to place." God made us His sons not by "adoption" but by placing His holy spirit in us. God's great purpose of creation has come to pass in us. We can truely fellowship via spirit with our loving heavenly Father.
- "the mystery of his will" - that all, Jews and Gentiles, would be able to have a knowledge of God and get born again. All could be His children. All could fellowship with Him. All could know His good pleasure which he purposed in himself - to have children!
- "the counsel of his own will" - that He also predestined us to be His heirs with an inheritance gathered together with Him for all time.
Romans 8:15-17 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but the ye have received the Spirit of adoption [sonship], whereby we cry, Abba [daddy], Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs, heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Galatians 4:4-7 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons [sonship]. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba [daddy], Father.
Why Man? - To fellowship with God: to be His sons and to be His daughters. The great purpose of God in creating the earth and the universe was to provide a loving home for His children in which we could get to know God and fellowship with Him as His children.
Why Man --The Way Magazine/September-October 1975 - David Craley
Living in God's Living Room --The Way Magazine/January-February 1983 - Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille